Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-04-2011, 12:26 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery | Albums

Hello all. I'm a new member to the forum, though I have enjoyed looking through the various reviews before. I cut my teeth so to say on my dad's Spotmatic, and last Christmas bought both my wife and I K-x's. She has enjoyed hers greatly, branching out into taking pictures for others and might start shadowing a professional. So I've now bought her a K-5 while they are on sale. Can't wait until she gets it and can start playing with it. Now I want a bigger camera too.

11-04-2011, 12:58 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Welcome to the forums. More cameras! More lenses! It only gets better! Have fun here.
11-04-2011, 01:22 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Stay out of the marketplace, it's dangerous
11-04-2011, 02:23 PM   #4

Original Poster
Thanks RioRico. Kenafein, I hope you just mean dangerous because it could make a collector out of someone. I've already started a small one.

11-05-2011, 09:39 AM   #5
Pentaxian

Welcome Monkey, If you become an established collector as opposed to one affliceted with LBA/CBA then you don't have to attend those meeting and stand before friends and strangers and state "hi, mmmy nname is Monkey and I am addicted to lens and camera buying, there, Iv'e said it !!!! Now lets take some pictures. Any how welcome, now let us see some of your handiwork.....Cliff
11-05-2011, 10:31 AM   #6

Original Poster
I'll get some of my work up eventually. I don't take as many pictures as I dream I do, so there are only a few good ones every now and again.
11-05-2011, 01:16 PM   #7
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by goodmonkey Quote
so there are only a few good ones every now and again
I used to think like this also, however, what you consider "not postable" we just might enjoy. You know the old "one mans junk is another's treasures". Share what you have, we might surprise you... Cliff
11-05-2011, 02:02 PM   #8

Original Poster
Thanks. I will try to get some stuff up later once I've read through the rules and I comprehend them.

11-05-2011, 02:06 PM   #9
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by goodmonkey Quote
I'll get some of my work up eventually. I don't take as many pictures as I dream I do, so there are only a few good ones every now and again.
I abide by the wisdom of Theodore Sturgeon.

Sturgeon's Creed: In the winter I'm a Buddhist, in the summer I'm a nudist.
Sturgeon's Law: 95% of everything is crap.

That percentage approaches 99% for much imagery. A hidden secret: Behind every great artist is a vicious editor, sh!tcanning everything that's not up to snuff. Don't delete all those; just move them into the OH NO, NOT *ANOTHER* LEARNING EXPERIENCE! folder, and learn from them. Good ol' Ansel Adams said that he was happy if he got one *good* image each month. So don't sweat it.
11-05-2011, 02:30 PM   #10

Original Poster
10 years of digital photography and I've deleted less than 0.1% of those pictures. Even testing shots I keep for what ever reason. So I have a lot to learn from.