Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-05-2011, 11:28 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery | Albums
New to the Forum

Hello,
I have gotten so much valuable information on Pentax lenses on this forum, I had to join. I am a new DSLR user with a K-r and I've decided I like the film era lenses and want to collect several of them. Due to the recommendations here, I took a chance on e-bay and ended up with a like-new FA 100-300mm 4.7-5.8 still in the box and it has turned out to be a perfect lens for my K-r. So far it is exactly what everyone described in their reviews. I'm am really having a great time using it with my new camera and learning with it.

Last edited by Drom; 11-11-2011 at 08:28 PM.
11-05-2011, 11:35 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Welcome aboard! And yes, the FA100-300 (silver) is a real sweetheart of a lens. I'm no birder but I've made my best bird shots with it. Looks a little funky on my black K20D but I no longer care.
11-05-2011, 12:17 PM   #3

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
Thanks very much Rio Rico! Glad to hear you like this lens for birding. That is one of the things I would like to learn more about and work on with my K-r. Fortunately, I have Canada Geese that fly very low over my house in the mornings and evenings so I am hoping they will teach me a little about capturing birds in flight.