Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-09-2011, 01:15 PM   #1

R.Glasgow

Hi to all. Just registered but posted as a guest recently - hoping to hear from the 'experts'.

Here in Ireland we no longer have a Pentax Supplier or Support from Pentax sites. Seems you get support almost anywhere else in the world but here. This is disappointing for me since I have only ever used pentax cameras (34 yrs).

Currently on my third Pentax camera K5 and having problems finding out information about compatibility issues with my new flash and also trying to figure out if the unit is faulty. (See my query - AF-540 FGZ etc). I notice a severe lack of ringing endorsements for this flash unit in your forums! Troubling really.

Hope I can find help and contribute to help others in the future. Thanks to all.

R.Glasgow.

11-09-2011, 01:54 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I like my 540, but I know people say it has poor build quality for the price. It has never let me down though. I've never had any compatibility issues. What problems are you having? Welcome to the forums.
11-09-2011, 02:17 PM   #3

Original Poster
Flash SYNC switch

Thanks for reply. Glad to hear there is someone using this flash with K5. Can you perhaps tell me if changing the SYNC toggle switch on the flash results in a display of the Sync Mode icon on the LCD - mine only ever displays the standard icon (leading curtain sync). No sign of HSS icon or 'trailing curtain sync' icon. The switch seems to do nothing as if it is faulty! I am trying to establish if this is a fault prior to returning for repair?

Many thanks for any help.

R. Glasgow
11-09-2011, 04:29 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I don't have a K-5, I have a K-r and a K20D. My K-r is in for service. I can check for the indication when I get home, but It's not something I've ever looked for. I am not a flash power user. You should re ask your question in the appropriate forum and I'm sure you'll get a ton of responses.

11-09-2011, 11:24 PM   #5
Arn
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hi, R. Glasgow, and welcome to the forum. You'll probably get lots of answers if you post your query on the beginner Q&A at Pentax Beginner's Corner Q&A - PentaxForums.com,
Where in Ireland? We have wonderful memories of Ardara, Achill Head, and Dungarven, to say nothing of Temple Bar!
Love to see some of your photos.
11-10-2011, 10:02 AM   #6

Original Poster
Ireland, Dublin

Thanks Arn for directions to appropriate forum. Glad you enjoyed your trip to Ireland. I live in Dublin.
I have no photos posted here yet but you can find me on Flickr! My Flickr name is raghnallg - search for this under the people tag and visit my photostream if you like. Hope you find some memories and photos to enjoy!

Best wishes,
R. Glasgow.