Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-20-2006, 11:43 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Glad to be here.

Hello All,

My name is Nathan, and I hail from Amherst, NY. Photography has been a long-standing interest/love of mine, and I am about to purchase my second DSLR - the K10D. My first (bought just a few months back) was the Olympus E-500, but was gifted to a sister of mine, who had suffered the theft of her camera.

I have a great deal to learn, and feel that the K10D will be a super piece of kit by which to learn - and grow into.

I know that it will be fun - being a part of this community, and that I will learn much here, also.

12-21-2006, 02:23 AM   #2
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Welcome aboard Nathan, It's always nice to see someone who enjoys the love of photography. The K10D has gotten many great reviews here and the shots are fantastic. We have some very experienced people handling that camera along with some very new to photography doing the same thing. As a DL user and soon to pick up the k100D. (I wanted the k10 but for financial losses this year I will wait ) And besides it's a Pentax. I know you'll really enjoy the new camera.

You said you gave your E500 to your sister and thats great, but you know when she gets her hands on your k10 she will never talk to you again Again welcome aboard and we will be waiting to see some of your shots.

Good Shooting.
Cheers: David
12-21-2006, 06:28 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Welcome to the site. You will find some great people with a wealth of knowledge. Enjoy.
12-21-2006, 09:10 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Welcome to the forum. That was really nice of you to give your camera to your sister. Looking foward to seeing your pictures from the K10!

12-21-2006, 09:32 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks David (you too, Pat B) for the very warm welcome.

You know, I kind of hated to part with that E-500 - even though it was possessed for just a very short period of time. But the look on my sister's face, when I presented it to her, was worth a hundred times Bill Gate's wealth - and more. I knew that I would , one day, get myself another DSLR, and hoped to be able to afford one that was weather-sealed, and with some type of image stabilization feature. I also thought that such features would command an almost obscene cash outlay, and that it might take a few years to save up for a DSLR of that caliber (my affordable financial ceiling is $3000, and I had expected to pay more than that just for such a camera body, alone).

But, lo and behold, up pops the Pentax K10D; a DSLR which offers everything that I wanted - AND MORE. To top that, I will have monies left over to get myself some nice associated gear for it.

I will be posting some shots as SOON as I get it, and will be looking `for opinions & suggestions as to how I can better myself with this great love interest of mine.

Once again ~ thank you ever so much for the kind words, and may you & yours (this goes for everyone here, and their loved ones also) have a very SAFE, HAPPY & HEALTHY HOLIDAY.

Last edited by NLAlston; 12-21-2006 at 09:33 AM. Reason: Caps error
12-21-2006, 09:34 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks Carol.
« Hi everyone | Hello »