Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-16-2011, 10:40 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Out o' south Georgia

Wow. This is too awesome! I just got my first DSLR, a K-r. I agonized for a good long time over which entry level DSLR I would buy between the Nikon D5100, the Canon T3i, or the Pentax K-r. I'm so very glad I went with the Pentax. I've only had it a few days, and I've absolutely fallen in love with it. Right now, I only have one lens, still waiting on the other in the mail. I didn't get the kit lenses. I heard enough about them to decide to just go with the body and buy the lenses I specifically want. So, my first lens is the 50mm f/1.4, the old manual focus Pentax-K lens. I'm super pleased with it. I've been driving my daughter crazy taking pictures of her, and the cat is probably starting to question my sanity, as well. I've been reading a lot on this website for information about Pentax cameras and lenses. I have a feeling I'll be spending a lot more time on here in the future, too.

The picture below was taken at f/1.4, it's slightly cropped for the best ratio fit to allow the most resolution onscreen when downsized to 1000x700. Other than that, I haven't made a single change to it. No pp, not even in camera. Cross-processing option was set beforehand. So happy with this camera and this incredible lens. Looking forward to learning more and taking lots more pictures.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-r  Photo 
11-17-2011, 01:40 AM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, glad you could join us here!
11-17-2011, 01:43 AM   #3
Ash
Community Manager
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Great intro.
Continue to have fun with your setup, and keep posting your images here!
Welcome.