Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-17-2011, 03:24 AM   #1
Inactive Account

Took the Leap from Bristol

hello to all. live in Bristol UK

took the leap from 35mm Canon A1 (donkeys years ago) through EOS and then last few years using Panasonic LX3 which i loved. my brother is a 40D user and was amazed what the LX3 could produce.

deciding that it was about time i grew up and got a proper DSLR i spent 3 months deciding how best to spend 800. Despite forums raising fears of mirror slap, sensor stains, lens release buttons coming off etc i made the effort to ignore Canon and Nikon (though the D7000 was a close run thing!) and go for the K5. a DA limited 70mm is next on my list but currently only have the kit 18-55 lens.

so far i can say that i am at creche level on PDCU, that is going to take some time. i am loving the camera, i got it 4 days before a wedding and was very pleased with the results i got. firmware is updated, checked build date and it is May of 2011 so am hoping that i have avoided any early build issues. have to say that DPReview of the camera did sway me a lot, and i thought they were Canon biased.

have this site set as favourite already.

regards and happy shooting

Mark

MCutler's Photos

11-17-2011, 03:47 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum Mark, glad to have you on board.
11-17-2011, 05:03 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Hey, welcome! I hope you enjoy the K-5 as much as I do. I had the chance to be in Bristol briefly several years ago and liked it a lot. It was just a lay-over on our tour of the west country but--perhaps because of similarities with Baltimore--I found it quite charming in a quirky sort of way.
11-17-2011, 06:25 AM   #4

Hi Mark, welcome from another Mark! Love Bristol, especially the old town market and the funny little "resturant" booths of all varieties there. Keep meaning to go to Bristol zoo, really must get there.

I've just ordered my K5 which will be here next week, so I'll be learning with you.
So there Mark Mark - sounds like dog with a hair lip,lol
Regards
Woody (mark)