Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-20-2011, 10:15 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Beaming 67 owner!

G'day all,
Garyh here, from Geelong, Victoria, Australia. To my brood of cameras big and small, old and new, today was added a mint 67 body with TTL prism finder, ex-USA. Still waiting on 55mm f4.0 lens to touch down, so all I have is a beautiful body to run my fingers over (oi! Pay attention, we are talking camera here!! )
I'm going to spend some time exploring this Pentax forum in depth. Already a long-time member of APUG.org, so not on the digital gravy train (and hope never to be!!).

Cheers,
Garyh

11-21-2011, 06:16 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome Garyh! Many fellow forum members up the road in Melbourne. We look forward to seeing what you capture with your 67.
11-21-2011, 06:40 PM   #3
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Silent Street Quote
G'day all,
Garyh here, from Geelong, Victoria, Australia. To my brood of cameras big and small, old and new, today was added a mint 67 body with TTL prism finder, ex-USA. Still waiting on 55mm f4.0 lens to touch down, so all I have is a beautiful body to run my fingers over (oi! Pay attention, we are talking camera here!! )
I'm going to spend some time exploring this Pentax forum in depth. Already a long-time member of APUG.org, so not on the digital gravy train (and hope never to be!!).

Cheers,
Garyh
Yes welcome to the PF. I also just picked up the same 67 kit and I'm waiting for the first couple rolls of film to be processed.

Enjoy!

Phil
11-22-2011, 02:48 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Yesterday it was a wash down and polish up (yes, I polish cameras!). It looks startlingly new.
This morning I cleaned up the rather dirty focusing screen, top and bottom, just by removing the TTL prism (was surprised how heavy it is) first time I've done so. How easy is that!?
Also cleaned off dust from that bit's glass base (microfibre). Re-assemble the caboodle then have another perve through the eyepiece: alas! Still no lens here yet, so I can't see much at all!
Heavens! Was told last night that a replacement battery (not that it needs one) is currently at $22.95 (!). Remember the good olds days (for all you under-20-somethings, that's a long time past now!!) when a single battery cost 60c? <sigh>