Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-25-2011, 10:56 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery
Hello From Maine

I have been a Pentax user for years. Currently have a K20 and brand new K5 which I am thoroughly enjoying. I am a retired nurse who loves to travel, has always enjoyed photography, and lead a busy, active life. Grandmother to 2 grandsons and wife to a man who collects and restores antique motorcycles (and also owns some antique cars). Music is one of my passions. We live in a rural part of southern Maine - close to ocean, mountains and enjoy a brook and major river running through our property. I am always looking to improve my photography skills and expect to get a lot from this forum. Here are some pictures from my area. The one of the French Horn I used the K5 built in fisheye filter. I call the shot "French Horn with Buck Teeth".

PJG

Last edited by PJGPix; 02-05-2012 at 05:46 PM.
11-25-2011, 11:08 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome PJ! What a great set of photos you've shared as an introduction. I take it that is an old pump organ -- I hope yours is in better repair than mine. Hard to find anyone who works on them. You must be a multi-talented musician with keyboards, strings, and brass. The beach grass shot has the look of film to me, I can't exactly say why, but something about the colors. Anyway, enjoy your time here in the forums and I look forward to seeing your next offering!
11-25-2011, 11:42 AM   #3

Original Poster
Thanks

QuoteOriginally posted by baro-nite Quote
Welcome PJ! What a great set of photos you've shared as an introduction. I take it that is an old pump organ -- I hope yours is in better repair than mine. Hard to find anyone who works on them. You must be a multi-talented musician with keyboards, strings, and brass. The beach grass shot has the look of film to me, I can't exactly say why, but something about the colors. Anyway, enjoy your time here in the forums and I look forward to seeing your next offering!
Pump organ was in a museum on Monhegan Island. But, there are still a fair number, I think, around here. Not only is it hard to find someone to fix them, but trying to find someone who can play them is also challenging. Thanks for your comments on my shots. Appreciate it.
11-25-2011, 12:00 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Welcome! Its always nice seeing others from around these parts. As a transplant (I'm not a born Mainer, but my wife and kid are!) I've always been amazed about the sheer beauty this state has.

11-25-2011, 12:11 PM   #5

Original Poster
Everywhere you look, it's beautiful. Thanks for the welcome.
11-25-2011, 04:38 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to Pentax Forums! Enjoy your stay here, and loving the photos!
11-25-2011, 05:19 PM   #7

Original Poster
Love your avatar. Thanks for the welcome and comments.
Pat

11-25-2011, 08:27 PM   #8
Inactive Account

Welcome! Love the photos!