Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-18-2007, 08:50 AM   #1
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hi From Philadelphia, PA

Hi,

Just wanted to introduce myself. Name is David. My Wife and I just recently received our K10d SLR cameras. Both of us were Pentax users in the early 90's and had experience with the K1000 manual camera. I loved that camera and learned most of the fundamentals then.

After this period, I shyed away from SLR's because it appeared to me that Pentax went away a bit. I was caught up in the new digital point and shoot cameras. Always felt from that point that many things lacked in my photos such as using polarizing filters, wide angles and extensive zooms. I am happy to move back to quality photos again since there is som much personal care that can go into a photograph and just the loosing oneself in their art. I think photography gives this to me and I would love to return to this hobby. I read through many of the threads on this board and it excited me. When I happened to see a Pentax Digital SLR, I was almost speechless. I picked it up and it felt so right. I didn't even consider Canon or Nikon. Have never used them, only my old Trusty K1000.

I hope you all don't mind some questions from someone like me who may be re-learning the ropes so to speak.

Best Wishes,

David

12-18-2007, 09:39 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Hi David,
Welcome to the forum from another Philadelphian...................................Paul
12-18-2007, 09:53 AM   #3
Veteran Member

yes, welcome!