Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-27-2011, 09:43 AM   #1
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
New from Vancouver, WA

Hello,

After a long hiatus from photography I'm excited to be coming back in. My first DSLR is in the mail, a K-x (orange body) purchased on ebay for my Christmas present. I started my photography hobby in the early '80's with a Pentax ME Super that I enjoyed while in the Navy and when it finally froze up many years later I didn't do much to replace it (but kept all my equipment). I bought a ZX-M for fun some years ago and didn't use it as much as I should've, but using a film camera in a digital world seemed a little strange. I was pleasantly suprised to find two auto focus lenses in my collection with one more as part of the K-x. Still love my "old school" manual lenses so looking forward to using them. I've never owned anything but Pentax SLR's and love the brand.

Have a great day, Ron S.

11-27-2011, 10:15 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome! It's fun reading stories like yours -- longtime Pentaxians who find new life in the old glass with the switch to a DSLR. Enjoy.
11-28-2011, 07:02 PM   #3
Arn
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the forum, from the other Vancouver up north. You're going to enjoy that K-x, especially with all the lenses you already have.