Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-27-2011, 01:24 PM   #1

Hello from St. Paul MN

I've been lurking on these forums from time to time for about a year now, and I figured it was time to join. I have enjoyed quite a bit of good info here and I hope to contribute to the forums at some level in the future.

I have been enjoying photography since 2009, and by "enjoying photography" I mean taking pictures of things and people in ways that feel different than in snapshots. Like probably the vast majority of folks on these forums, I strive for shots that are more than just "in focus", and while it is nice if other people like one of my shots, my only real goal is to like the picture myself.

Less than a year ago, when I decided to upgrade to a newer camera, I played the Pentax? Nikon? Canon? etc game until deciding to stay with Pentax because I like the feel of being part of a smaller, not quite mass-marketed, high quality product. Well, that and the fact I already had 3 lenses that I wouldn't be able to use if I went with something other than Pentax. I haven't been sorry.

Dave
The Cynical Lens

11-27-2011, 04:04 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Glad to hear you made the right choice on your camera and welcome to the Pentax Family Forum.
11-27-2011, 06:20 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome, and you're just like me, i decided to go with Pentax rather than Nikon or Canon!
11-27-2011, 07:35 PM   #4

Hi Dave!

I just registered here, too. Hope to see you around town from time to time.

Steve.
http://steves-stories.blogspot.com/