Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-27-2011, 07:33 PM   #1

Hello from Minneapolis, MN

Hi Gang,

I'm new to the board, but I've watched from the background for a while. Not new to Pentax, though. I'm on DSLR #3 (currently the K-5, previously the K20D and K100DS, both of which are in the good homes of new owners) after cutting my teeth with an old film K1000 15 years ago. Still have that ol' pup, too. My wife used that same camera in high school photography class, so in '96 I bought her a used one for our anniversary, thinking it might rekindle her interest in photography. She enjoyed it in high school... not so much of an interest the second time around. But I was completely fascinated by the machine itself, and in learning how this little marvel worked, one thing led to another... And now, here I am, trying (not too hard) not to be a lens collector. But what's a guy to do when bitten by the DA Limited bug?

I'm not so much into any particular field of photographic study- whatever catches my eye, really, and mostly in the normal to wide views. I've taken a few formal photography courses, and I attend at a couple local clubs. Candidly photographing people scares me, this is my greatest weakness, and I know I've let a lot of great opportunities go by because of this. And often I photograph too much with my head and too little my heart, these are the things I'm always struggling with.

I hope to chime in when I can, and not cause too much trouble along the way.

Steve.
My photo blog-
Steve's View of the World

11-27-2011, 08:49 PM   #2
Ole
Administrator

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome, looking forward to your participation! Don't miss the contests and games!
11-27-2011, 09:35 PM   #3

Hi Steve,

Welcome to the New Member club!
11-27-2011, 11:22 PM   #4
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Good to have you here Steve. Enjoy the forum.