Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-29-2011, 10:00 AM   #1

Hello from Sunny England

Well, if you ignore the 10,000 feet of grey cloud, that is.
A while back a friend gave me a K1000 and standard 50mm lens. I found this sufficiently impressive that, quite naturally, I was lured over the edge of the slippery slope and bought a Z1-P (because I wanted mirror lock-up and spot metering); and a Sigma 28 - 80 AF lens (well, it was cheap); and a (genuine!) M42/Pentax adapter; and an Industar 50mm f2.8 close focus lens; and - well, I'm sure there'll be more to follow.
Whilst I was researching Pentax cameras with mirror lock-up I read about the "trick" with the Pentax MX - a sharp tap on the shutter release and the mirror locks up without firing the shutter! Well! This set me wondering about my K1000, so I wound on the film advance, gave the shutter release a quick rap and - It worked! Not just once, but (nearly) every time! My K1000 has mirror lock-up! I suspect this is known by all hardened Pentaxians but I've not seen it in black and white (or colour, for that matter) so I thought I'd mention it.....

11-29-2011, 10:28 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the forum. I didn't realise the K1000 did that either. Mind you I don't have a K1000
Welcome to the forum, good start adding to the knowledge base already
Decent little start on the LBA as well, those m42 adapters are dangerous items opening up the world of taks
Skies no sunnier here in Toronto BTW , it's been raining for close to 24 hours, i'm building an ark as I type