Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-02-2011, 04:53 PM   #1

Greetings from Denver!

Hello!

I'm Jeremy Corbin and I'm a Portrait Photographer in Denver. I specialize in Dramatic Portraiture for two reasons: 1)I love using light to draw the eye to my subject or a particular aspect of my photos and 2)I think flat/even light is the most boring thing on the planet. I don't mean to offend but some of the worst photos I've seen have come from Big Box Studios at the mall where the light is just.... ugly. Even photos of my own kids that have been shot for school are just... blah. They lack shape, direction, and character. I strive constantly to make my photos more and more interesting. Hopefully by the time I'm 80 I'll finally have it figured out.

I am by-no-means an expert of everything photographic and I don't pretend to be one. I sincerely believe there is no such thing. The Masters of Photography specialized in one aspect of photography and honed in on that aspect. I strive constantly to learn everything I can. Sometimes that information comes from the greats that I've found in books. Other times it's from those that are striving their way to the top. But most of the time my studies have been on what failed for those photographers so that I can avoid those mistakes.

I encourage everyone to critique any photos I post, but try to be constructive. Critiques like,"This Sucks" or "I would have photoshopped the photo more" aren't the least bit helpful to me. Photoshop is not a verb and it's certainly not a club to beat the life out of photos with. I'm a minimalist when it comes to photoshop.

I also encourage everyone to view my website at jcorbinphotography.com and read a few blog posts to get to know me a little better.

Thanks!

-Jeremy

12-02-2011, 04:56 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome! Our critique section pretty much requires detailed comments, so you should definitely post a few photos there

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

12-02-2011, 06:11 PM   #3
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome Jeremy_Corbin, good information and critique here on forums.