Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-08-2011, 07:44 AM   #1
Inactive Account

Howdy from North Georgia

My name is Glen and I'm in the Chattanooga, TN area. My experience level with photography (other than P&S) is somewhere between a puddle of primordial ooze and a rank beginner.

I got my first DSLR just yesterday. It's a Pentax K-r that came with 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 and 55-300mm f/4-5.8 Lenses.

I'm blessed to have a friend and a brother who are both advanced/semi-pro photographers. So, I hope to learn a great deal from them and this forum.

12-08-2011, 08:20 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the forum. Lots of help here but it sire is handy to have someone you can learn face to face with
12-08-2011, 08:32 AM   #3
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Thanks, Eddie. I'll try and absorb knowledge from just about any source I can get my hands on.
12-08-2011, 09:10 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Awesome! Congrats on buying Pentax!

12-08-2011, 09:28 AM   #5
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Thank you, Lauren. It came down between the Nikon D3100 and the Pentax K-r. After comparing features and advice from two experienced photographers (one of those a long-time Nikon fan), we all agreed the K-r was the best choice for me to get started.

After just tinkering for a couple of hours last night after I got home from work, I'm very pleased with the results from the different automatic settings and scene scenarios. Can't wait until I start learning the technicalities of photography so that I can be as artistic as I want.

I love shooting scenery, landscapes and bits and pieces of nature. I blow them up and add scripture to them for framing. I've got a couple I've done from a decent P&S a couple of years ago that turned out good for a P&S. Can't wait do produce some from this camera.