Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-09-2011, 06:16 AM   #1

Hello

Hi all, I have just purchased (yesterday) my first DSLR, a K-r with a dual kit lens package (18-55mm & 50-200mm).

I have always used a compact camera, my current one is the excellent Panasonic TZ-20.

I did a good bit of research into DSLRs before making my purchase (529 in PC World, Cork, btw) and was weighing up the K-r with the Canon 550d & the Nikon d3100. In the end I chose the K-r due to the excellent reviews I read (dpreview, what digital camera etc) about it. Cost was also a factor tbh, the 550d with one lens is over 150 more expensive. The d3100 proved elusive as my local photography shop (Moriarty's, Killarney) could not source one and Argos was sold out, but I'm glad I waited for the K-r. The only thing that was holding me back from chosing the K-r was the fact that it *only shoots 720p video and the other two can do 1080p, but after using my little TZ-20 in a dark hall to film my two daughter's (4 & 2) Christmas concert this concerns was blown away as the quality from the Panasonic was excellent, so my new *toy will be using mainly for stills (its real purpose anyway)

Now all I have to do is learn how to use it!!

12-09-2011, 07:52 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the forum. You didn't miss much not finding the Nikon. very Plastic.
I'm sure you'll love the Kr kit.
« Hi all!! | Hi »