Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-11-2011, 08:05 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Recent emigrant from Nikon

Cheers all. After 35 years of Nikon Film use, I have chosen as my first serious DSLR to be the Pentax K-5. I am very glad about it. I live in very Southern Florida. It can rain at any moment. Paired my K-5 to the WR 18-135. Even though I can use my Nikon lenses native, I am waiting on an ordered Adapter to make the pairing more secure. If I am satisfied with the usability of this then great. Otherwise I will start buying Pentax primes and sell the Nikon lenses. I am going for broke on this. Love the useability of the K-5. And this is after trying the Nikon D300 and D7000.

12-11-2011, 09:09 AM   #2
Site Supporter

Welcome to Pentax and the forums
12-11-2011, 12:37 PM   #3

Welcome to the world of Pentax

Great choice of camera, ordered mine last friday =) Hope you'll enjoy it as much as I will
12-16-2011, 08:22 AM   #4
Site Supporter

Greetings!

From what I hear, I think you'll be somewhat unimpressed with the converters you can get for Nikon to Pentax K, which also means you'll get to join the ranks of LBA and start procuring Pentax glass en-masse.

I've done some shooting in your neck of the woods, and really any of the DA* line is great for shooting in a Florida downpour; however for most of the legendary primes, I'm afraid they're not weather sealed. I usually just keep a DA* lens with me if the weather looks like it could quickly switch.