Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-15-2011, 05:25 AM   #1

Now to Introduce Me.

Hi all,

In my younger years (somewhere 1985 - 1990) i got from my father his Petri MF-102 camera and his lenses. He did not use it anymore.

I played around with the camera and the 28mm, 50mm and 300mm lenses mostly without having any film in the camera.

I grew up a little and i wanted a bit more sophisticated camera and bought a Revue AC-5 with a 50mm Revuon lens. but still photography was still expensive and all equipment landed on the attic.

now about 20 yrs later i was in the UK in Brighton on a car booth sale, and between the teacups and bears i found a Pentax K100D with the kit lens. Not having much knowledge digital camera's like this, i started to read the manual. 6.1 MP.. hmm is at least better then my current shooter.

the lady behind the table told me she was selling this cam for 50 Pound. Realizing the lens alone is probably worth more than that on Ebay i bought the set for 45 pound. (Yes i'm Dutch!).

on my way to the apartment Bought a new 2GB SD card and some Duracells and i was on my way..

the colors on the pictures i took were to blue on TV and AV.. But after Doing a Reset. I had a perfectly working K100d.

I later bought a "Sigma 70-300mm 1:4-5.6 APO Macro"

and so I restarted my old hobby. Not remembering still the gear i had on the attic.

now Experimenting a lot, and reading up in the books and watching loads of Youtube,

so thats me on Photography

12-15-2011, 08:04 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome.

The K100D is marvelous little camera; I loved mine and would still love it if my wife was not using it.

Enjoy
12-15-2011, 09:01 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the forum, 45 pounds is a good deal (though the kit lens is likely more worth 2-30 pounds they frequently sell for $40 up here (a local shop apparently has a bin full at $40)
but the body is worth more than that i would think more like 75-100 pounds
12-15-2011, 03:22 PM   #4

Original Poster
All in all i think still a good deal on a good cam to learn the basics. Before to buy a k5 or so.