Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-18-2011, 01:00 AM   #1

Introducing myself

Hello everyone,I hail from Brisbane,Australia.I've been into photography since my teenage years,started off with pentax mg and me super.Only
recently got into digital.One frustrating thing over here,most people own one of two brands of camera.Pentax does not get much of a look-in in
most camera stores around Brisbane and some people scratch their heads wondering what camera am I using.

12-18-2011, 01:06 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Welcome!
12-18-2011, 01:13 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome, and check out Digital Camera Warehouse. I believe thay have a store in Brissy (bit cheaper than most and they do speak Pentax).
12-18-2011, 01:47 AM   #4
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Welcome, always good to get more Aussies here. I keep hearing rumours (Actually told to me by store staff) that Harvey Norman are supposed to be getting Pentax but I've yet to see physical evidence. The main JB Hi Fi in Melbourne carried a little bit of Pentax stuff but most was order only.

I saw in a Big W store the other day a Kx so if I'm correct and Big W is part of Dick smith then perhaps you might see Pentax at DS in the new year.

12-18-2011, 02:29 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum. The good thing about Pentax here in Aus is that we're kind of unique. Everyone else is Holden/Ford, we're the hotted up Subaru.

Regards
12-18-2011, 03:26 AM   #6

Original Poster
Hello Bruce,digital camera warehouse are the only store in Brisbane which DO stock sometimes 3 dslr's and up to 10 lens in the range,needless to say I have bought
from here,the only positive up here,
regards Long.
12-18-2011, 03:36 AM   #7

Original Poster
Hello MYCHAEL,this would be great,as long as they really promote the brand/product.I've seen PENTAX gear tucked away lower shelves,or down the back well past
ALL the c/n gear regards,
Long.
12-18-2011, 03:40 AM   #8

Original Poster
Greetings SAM-JOSEPH,it is a good feeling sometimes to see a few PENTAX people in a small area out number c/n,regards,Long