Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-21-2011, 08:49 AM   #1
Inactive Account

The Man from Michigan

Hello all,

My name is Alec and I am from nice and warm West Michigan with no snow this December 21st(yahoo!).

I have worked as a commercial freelance photographer's assistant for 17 years,then went back to college to get another degree where I sit today. Believe it or not I just bought my first digital SLR camera,the K-5 ( I think I made a good choice). I am getting back into photography and will be using the K-5 for some studio work and out door shots. I actually had a digital camera that came with my first computer back in 2000 called the Chameleon Mega with a whopping 1.3 mega pixels! It reminded me of a Diana or Holga camera. It did what it did and you took what it gave you.

The bad thing is that I am not that knowledgeable about digital SLR cameras. I used large format film cameras for my personal use and while working with the professionals as an assistant we used Digital Sinar Large format cameras. I was not an digital assistant, but the guy who did the lighting of the photo sets. So I guess I can say that I am new to digital. I am slow to upgrade also,I still have Photoshop CS 1. But I just bought a bunch of new software to get going with my new camera.

I got to say this site looks like great site and I have enjoyed using the lens reviews it offers. Also I tuned into the K-5 and this site because somebody talked about it being on sale during cyber Monday at Amazon. Its a good thing my research got connected to their post. THANKS! I was lucky to get the K-5 on Amazon too,my first time doing those lighting deals.

Currently I am having problems trying to find the right memory card for the K-5. Anyone got favorites? CLASS 10...?

If not here, I'll post in the right spot.

Thanks.

Last edited by Ziggy; 12-21-2011 at 04:13 PM.
12-21-2011, 08:59 AM   #2
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Welcome.
I would suggest posting your question in the Camera and Field Accessories forum.
12-21-2011, 09:01 AM   #3
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Will do thanks!