Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-22-2011, 01:57 PM   #1

Hello from the UK (Northamptonshire)

Hi,

Just picked up a K5 today with the 18-55 and a bargain 35 2.4. Seriously impressed with the IQ from this camera even with inexpensive lenses. I'm a long time Olympus user, both film and digital and wanted something that was relatively small but with a pro spec - something Olympus should have delivered, but didn't. I have a few other cameras and lenses - canon F1, EOS 650, Leica M8, Fuji X100. Still use them all, but I drift in and out of film depending on the time I have available to develop.

Looking forward to a long term relationship with Pentax (only got here after a lot of research) and experiencing some of those limited primes.

Regards

Gid

12-22-2011, 02:04 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Welcome!
12-22-2011, 02:10 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by gid Quote
Hi,

Just picked up a K5 today with the 18-55 and a bargain 35 2.4. Seriously impressed with the IQ from this camera even with inexpensive lenses. I'm a long time Olympus user, both film and digital and wanted something that was relatively small but with a pro spec - something Olympus should have delivered, but didn't. I have a few other cameras and lenses - canon F1, EOS 650, Leica M8, Fuji X100. Still use them all, but I drift in and out of film depending on the time I have available to develop.

Looking forward to a long term relationship with Pentax (only got here after a lot of research) and experiencing some of those limited primes.

Regards

Gid

Welcome, I think a lot of people who do research end up here

Nice start, given what else you've used it won't be long before you are a charter member in the LBA club
12-22-2011, 02:22 PM   #4
gid

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by eddie1960 Quote
Welcome, I think a lot of people who do research end up here

Nice start, given what else you've used it won't be long before you are a charter member in the LBA club
Thanks. LBA?

12-23-2011, 02:41 AM   #5

Hello, and welcome from a near(ish) neighbour

Alan
12-23-2011, 06:43 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Thanks. LBA?
LBA= Lens Buying Addiction, it's quite prevalent here, and apparently somewhat contagious. A cure is still being sought
12-23-2011, 06:51 AM   #7
gid

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Alan Bird Quote
Hello, and welcome from a near(ish) neighbour

Alan
Hi,

Actually bought it from Jessops in MK (which I frequent reasonably often - MK that is).

Thanks to all for the welcome.

LBA - I am already suffering - Ltd primes, Tamron 17-50 2.8 (tried it in Jessops and was very impressed for the money). Just need to get my head around the older lenses that can be used on the K5.

12-23-2011, 07:01 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Hi,

Actually bought it from Jessops in MK (which I frequent reasonably often - MK that is).

Thanks to all for the welcome.

LBA - I am already suffering - Just need to get my head around the older lenses that can be used on the K5.
start easy then, hit a boot sale or a market and look for some old K, A or M series -or M42 lenses- they need an adapter though) I picked up a M50 f1.7 for 10 pounds when i was in portobello last fall (don't know why now I have 2 - I just couldn't resist )