Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-24-2011, 10:32 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery
Hello from Nebraska

I've been reading Pentax Forum for quite some time and signed up about 5 months ago. This is my first post.

For many years I used a Yashica and a Canon AE-1 film cameras and did my own darkroom work. After buying my first digital camera I never went back to film. Currently I use a Canon S3 but I'm looking to buy a dslr and I'm undecided between the K-R and the K-5.

Ninety-nine percent of my pictures are taken outdoors. Landscape, flowers, wildlife, birds, cars, architecture, close-ups, macro anything, my Doberman, weather related, etc. However, I've dabbled in portrait type photo's of family but I'm not so much into "people pictures".

The K-5 interests me because of the weather sealing but I like the smaller size of the K-R which also fits my budget better although the K-5 is doable. For now, I'm just trying to decide which to purchase since I have zero experience with a digital SLR. I also know that the K-R has been discontinued which worries me a bit.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to contributing a picture or two to the Forum if I ever make up my mind on which camera to buy.

12-24-2011, 12:12 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Welcome to the best forum around. Happy Holidays to you and yours. ( I wouldn't worry about the discontinuance of the K-r - it accepts K-5 lenses <BG>)
12-24-2011, 02:13 PM   #3

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Thanks, EyeSpy. Merry Christmas to you, too.
12-24-2011, 03:26 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome Aboard and Merry Christmas!