Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-24-2011, 11:39 AM   #1

Christmas in MN

It's bright, low-in-the-horizon sunny and snowless in Minnesota on this Christmas Eve. (actually, not a bad day to capture some of that light!)

This forum was a big part of why I just recently purchased my first DSLR, a K-5. A few years ago I sold the remains of my rangefinder and SLR film gear (Contax). Since then I've been using the compact D-Lux 4 as an introduction to digital photography. And what a pleasant experience it's been thus far.

A few months back I was missing certain aspects of my old film gear and almost found myself purchasing a Zeiss Ikon along with a few lenses. Almost. That's when I decided to update myself on the state of affairs in the DSLR area. Through that research, I'd decided against going back to film and rangefinder, instead opting for a K-5 and a few LTD lenses. Quite pleased thus far, and I've only taken 12 pictures! I'm really looking forward to finding some time to get to know this camera better, and I'm glad to have a resource like this forum to interact with fine and knowledgeable people like you!

12-24-2011, 11:53 AM   #2
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
What a coincidence. Here in South Dakota it's bright, low on the horizon sunny, and snowless. I'm enjoying every minute of the 45 degrees.
Welcome to the forum you betcha.
12-24-2011, 03:29 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome Aboard and Merry Christmas!