Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-24-2007, 06:34 AM   #1
Inactive Account

Hello from Italy

Hello everybody! I'm Mito, aka Paolo, and I'm an amateur photographer who likes to take a lot of shots with his Pentax K10D

This is not my first camera, and not even my first Pentax. The first camera I had was a 1978 Pentax MX -- I'm not that old, it is my father's camera
I had a lot of fun using that camera with the 50mm f/1.7 and the 200mm f/4, all manual. Then I bought a Canon EOS 3000V with a 28-90mm zoom. It's a very cheep film camera, but autofocus and auto exposure mode (or at least Av mode, which is the one I prefer) make it much more usable in all the circumstances in which you don't have all the time to take a full manual shot. I also bought a non-reflex camera, the sony DSC-U30, which is the one I always take with me when I cannot bring my reflex.

Then I bought a new Pentax K10D with the kit lens. The Pentax was my choice because I liked a lot the features of the camera body for the price and also because I could continue to use the old Pentax lenses I have.

Looking forward to meeting everyone!

Cheers!

Mito

12-24-2007, 06:50 AM   #2
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Photos: Gallery | Albums
welcome to the forums and we're awaiting some of images of your beautiful country.
12-24-2007, 07:06 AM   #3
Pentaxian

I'll second Peter's sentiments. Welcome and I'm looking forward to seeing your photos.
12-24-2007, 09:02 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Welcome Mito! I too am a new member, but wanted to say I just returned from an incredible 3 week vacation in your great country. Traveled Milan, The Lakes, Venice, Florence, Tuscany, Cinque Terre, and the Riveria. Sadly, I didn't own the K10D at the time and all my Flickr pics are from my 5.5mp Casio (one of the reasons for the new purchase). I look forward to a return trip with K10 in hand.
rormeister