Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-27-2011, 08:52 AM   #1

Greetings from Massachusetts

Hello, everybody. I just joined the forum and already find it to be a very valuable resource. The general tone of posts is friendly and helpful, which is always a good thing.

I'm 57 and many years ago I used to seriously think about and consider what I was shooting before I pressed the shutter. I still do using a moderately advanced Canon point and shoot, but I really need things only a DSLR provides. I'm looking at a K-r, but also want to wait a bit to see what new camera Pentax releases to replace it. I also own an old but extremely good and funcional Spotmatic, which I intend to keep using. There is something about film images that are different and sometimes preferable to digital.

I want to get much deeper into and serious about photography, and learn the intricacies of exposure and composition. I like Ken Rockwell's Website a lot.

I live in northeast Massachusetts with my wife, son, five cats and dog; but I am a New Yorker by birth and inclination. Don't ask me who I root for if the Red Sox play the Yankees. By trade, I am a freelance journalist, albeit a severely underemployed one. I've worked for newspapers and magazines covering nearly everything, but now I like to cover wine, spirits and food. To keep my love of such things balanced, I regularly attend killer kickboxing/aerobics classes at the Y.M.C.A. That way, I can eat pretty well and still stay in shape.

I like to play traditional folk, blues and Bluegrass on acoustic guitar, and own a D-28 and a Froggy Bottom. Those who play will know what those are. I am said to have a dry, sometimes surgically incisive sense of humor, which may sometimes present itself in my posts.

Thanks for having such a fine forum.

12-27-2011, 01:40 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
We welcome your participation, not least because of your long experience with photography in general and Pentax in particular, your humor, and your Froggy Bottom. Lots of us are wondering what camera bodies are next from Pentax. Whatever your decision, happy shooting.
12-28-2011, 02:49 PM   #3
Joe
Forum Member

Welcome to the forum.
12-28-2011, 03:54 PM   #4
Arn
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the forum. Does "covering" wine, spirits and food include sampling?

12-28-2011, 07:39 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum from me in Western Mass :-)
01-03-2012, 05:12 PM   #6

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Arn Quote
Welcome to the forum. Does "covering" wine, spirits and food include sampling?
Oh yes! It wouldn't be much fun and I wouldn't be able to write about something accurately without trying it.
01-13-2012, 06:13 PM   #7

where in mass?

u in Gloucester?