Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-28-2011, 11:50 AM   #1

Howdy from Sweden

Hallo all. I´m glad I have found this forum, ´cause my photo hobby needed a boosting. I live in Sweden and am a Pentax fan since the beginning of the 70´ies. Actually even before that, when I as a photointerested scoolboy admired the design of the Spotmatic SLR-cameras and was drooling over pictures of them in photo magazines not affording to buy any. After my compact half format camera, a Canon Demi EE 1.7 (a lovely camera albeit no Pentax, I still miss it), was stolen 1974 on an arab circus I was travelling with during a month on a trip through North Africa together with my girlfriend (that is; I was travelling with her, she wasn´t stolen too...), I bought a used Pentax ES, the first Pentax with automatic exposure, when I came home. It followed me on a 8 months long trip overland in Asia a few years later in 1977-78. Coming home I bought a Pentax MX, a real beauty both when it comes to mechanics and design. I have also had a pair of Minox´es, a Leica CL and a couple of digital compacts, before I 2007 bought a Samsung GX1 due to its Pentax inheritance and compatibility and in may this year, before I went on a bike trip with a friend to Croatia, I invested in a Pentax K-r. Being used to the high quality feeling of my Takumar and SMC Pentax M-lenses (24, 35, 55, 100 and 200 mm) for the ES and MX, I´m not very enthusiastic about the kit-zooms that came along with the camera, so the last weeks I have spent quite some time reading reviews on your site on old Pentax lenses and bidding on e-bay in order to broaden the line up I have. The next thing is to change the focusing screen on the K-r.
Since I stopped using my MX and went digital, I have lost a bit of the amusement with photographing. The all automatic cameras take the joy out of it! I like photographing to be more of a handicraft, although I am not any longer willing to sit for hours and days in a dark room and enjoy the possibility to PP in Photoshop (Elements in my case). Although you can use them manually, I lack the feel of an aperture ring between my fingers, so I am really glad I have found this site where I can feel at home and dwell for hours. I guess I have to submit a few Skr to support the server costs etc, because my old photo hobby has gotten a kick after realizing that you can both be digital and analog at the same time, so to speak, and this site fills in beautifully in between. This summer I will go to the 24h race at Le Mans in France, and maybe to the Faeroe Islands with my wife, and both will be great photografic trips, I´m sure. Happy new year to you all Pentax´ friends!

12-28-2011, 12:35 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Welcome! Happy new year to you as well!
12-28-2011, 04:53 PM   #3
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Welcome!
Would suggest that you take a look at tradera as well. Much smaller market than ebay, but if you have patience most stuff will come up there, and the prices are less insane. Now during the holidays it is quite dead, but it will live up again after mid January.

Pleas join the "Swedish Pentaxians" on the forum. Not very active, but that could change.