Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-29-2011, 11:35 PM   #1

Hi from Sacramento, California!

Hi everyone,

I'm a Pentax enthusiast from Sacramento, California. I own a K-7 with three lenses: the 100mm f/2.8 macro, the 50mm f/1.4, and the 18-55 kit lens. I also use a AF540FGZ flash.

My main photographic interests are wildlife (bats and invertebrates), native California wildflowers, and fungi. I also shoot a lot of portraiture and nudes. I also shoot a few weddings per year; it's not really something I enjoy doing, but I love getting paid to shoot!

I'm rough on my equipment. My K-7, which was an incredible upgrade from my first DSLR, a K100D, has been dragged up and down sand dunes in the Mojave desert. It's been used in the field in rainy, muddy, and delightfully dirty conditions. Though petite, it has been a rugged beast of a camera that has withstood all of the punishment I've thrown at it. I wish I could say the same for the 50mm f/1.4 lens, which I've had repaired due to focusing helical issues three (!!!) times.

I also shoot medium format film cameras -- a 1958 Minolta Autocord LMX and a modified Holga.

All the best,

Dan

12-30-2011, 08:09 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome Dan! Sounds like you know what gear you need and how to get the most out of it. I look forward to your sharing your experience and images. Enjoy!
12-30-2011, 12:00 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Welcome to the forums, and HI! from nearby. I'm up Hwy 88 below Kirkwood. All the women in my family are down in Sac today to watch some IMAX special. I think I'll wander outside in a bit to shoot a few 'scapes -- we finally have clouds up here! The sky has been much too clear lately. I hate clear skies. Boring... Anyway, welcome aboard.