Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-30-2011, 03:46 PM   #1

Hello from Slovakia!

Hi everybody, my name's Ed, I'm from Slovakia and just bought my K-5 on Wednesday. Been dwelling here on the forums for about 3-4 months now after deciding to upgrade from my trusty Nikon D3100 which has been serving me very well for the last year. The in-body stabilisation and the weather-proof build as well as the body ergonomics and functionality got me sold on the Pentax, after a long time of comparisons & contemplation on which camera to choose for an upgrade. I didn't posses many lenses for my Nikon setup - only the kit lens and a 35mm f/1,8 + another battery so I felt I could switch freely after finally crossing out the Nikon D7000 body from my list :-)
The Nikon has been my first DSLR experience as previously I've been using a P&S from Olympus for a few years - one from the "tough" line - which simply died (not THAT tough after all :-))
I've had a very nice learning experience working with my Nikon, but needed something more rugged and a bit more functionality and practicality (is that a word anyway?) for a camera.

I do a lot of hiking and MTB riding - I have the privilege to live just at the edge of our capital city, quite close to forests & mountains in this area. I like to spend my time outdoors, no matter what the weather is like, which was also one of my main concerns when deciding for the Pentax. Another thing I'm involved in is my wife's work - as a puppeteer she's attending events and shows with her self made little theater and I took the responsibility for taking the pictures of the events & promoting them on her website.

So here I am, crunching through the user guide and absorbing the knowledge here :-)
Please be patient with me asking questions and perhaps not always searching the forum at first
And pardon my English as it's not my native language.

Cheers!

Looking forward to spending time here & sharing the experience!

12-30-2011, 04:09 PM   #2

Photos: Albums
Welcome to the forums. Also, your written English is better than that of most of the students that graduate from my school... Finally, yes, practicality is a word.
12-30-2011, 04:10 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum Ed, glad to have you on board. Thank you for that very comprehensive introduction.
12-30-2011, 04:21 PM   #4

Original Poster
thank you :-)

12-30-2011, 06:37 PM   #5
Arn
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the forum, Ed. I think you'll love the K-5. I've had mine a year, and still look up things. Don't worry about the questions, they're all good. I'll look forward to seeing some photos from in and around Bratislava.
12-31-2011, 02:15 AM   #6

Original Poster
Thanks for the kind words!