Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
12-31-2011, 05:23 AM   #1

Hello and (shortly) happy new year!

Hi,
I am an amateur K-x user from Indiana now living in Japan. I have really enjoyed using my K-x and did a bit of second hand shopping for "vintage" lenses today to add to my enjoyment. If anyone has advice or helpful links for the following lenses (with the K-x or otherwise), I would appreciate it:

ASAHI OPT. CO., JAPAN SMC PENTAX 1:1.8/55
Tamron-F M42 PENTAX 1:4.5 85-210mm
Pentax F 100-300/4.5-5.6

I post some of my shots on my Google+ account at http://gplus.to/briankemper ..and I did mention being an amateur

Happy New Years!!

12-31-2011, 05:30 AM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome! The first lens is manual so here's a link to a page with instructions on how to use it:
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-lens-articles/110657-how-use-meter...k-x-k-7-a.html

The second two should work just like any modern Pentax lens.
Pentax-F 100-300mm F4.5-5.6 Reviews - F Zoom Lenses - Pentax Lens Reviews & Lens Database

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
12-31-2011, 05:35 AM   #3

Original Poster
Thank you Adam. I will check out the links. Regarding the Tamron, I think it is an Adaptall (I not II). Does that sound correct?
This is the only one of the 3 I'm having trouble finding information on as there seem to be a few variations. At any rate, the 10 bucks I paid for it should be worth it : )
12-31-2011, 05:45 AM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

I'm not an adaptall expert, but here's our adaptall Pentax zoom database:
Tamron Adaptall Lenses for Pentax: Zoom Lenses - Pentax Lens Review Database

Not seeing the 85-210mm, so either we're missing it (could be the case) or it's a different mount.

Adam

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
12-31-2011, 05:52 AM   #5

Original Poster
Thanks Adam. This list, I believe, is for the Adaptall-2, so I think it confirms my suspicion that I have a first generation. Still, for the price I think it will be fun to play with, but from the research I did on this lens, it seems that having an Adaptall-2 allows for a pretty wide range of Tamron lenses, even outside of the Pentax world (especially in Japan, where all of the lenses I purchased were in the "junk" area)
12-31-2011, 06:20 AM - 1 Like   #6
Administrator
Site Webmaster

In any case you should consult the adaptall folk here on the forum- if you do a search, there should be a few big threads on the subject. If it turns out that this lens is missing from the DB, you can add it here: Login - Pentax Lens Review Database and we'll move it into the adaptall category.

Adam