Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-02-2012, 02:10 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery
Hello from Central Alberta

Hi Folks! Very happy to be part of this group....my father was a photographer and i've been making pictures for over 32 years.. I have a Pentax istDL...and I found out the hard way that insect replellent will do a number on your viewfinder, but I deal with it...a little hard to manual focus.......been thinking maybe it's time to buy a new camera.....K5 perhaps? Nice to be here!

01-02-2012, 02:15 PM   #2

Welcome to the forum, now how did insect repellant get on your viewfinder?
01-02-2012, 03:34 PM   #3

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Insect replellant

It was totally stupid....I was spraying my legs with repellant, had my camera in my left hand, tipped it so the lens was pointing down, I wasn't even spraying near the camera but some of it drifted on the viewfinder, permanent fuzzy....the viewfinder is not made of glass, it would have been better had I sprayed the glass on the lens, it would have cleaned off.....oh well, hindsight is 20/20, the camera still takes awesome photos,, and I guess that's what counts. Thanks for the welcome!
01-02-2012, 04:40 PM   #4
jac
Loyal Site Supporter

Welcome from a bit to the northeast. I got the K5 but haven't yet parted with the *istDS, my first DSLR. It replaced the LX which replaced the Super Program which replaced the Spotmatic II. The 20DS was in between. Haven't let any of them go. The three film bodies are down in Calgary getting CLA'd right now.

01-03-2012, 12:07 AM   #5
Arn
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the forum, Carrie. You've got way more photography experience than I, but I think you'll really enjoy the forum. A K-5? You'd love it!
01-07-2012, 06:17 AM   #6
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Howdy to you too! Welcome. Nice to see other /Albertans here. I love my K5!

Liz in Calgary
01-07-2012, 09:15 AM   #7
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hello from northern Minnesota! Had a Spotmatic and lenses for many years and sold it all 2 years ago. I am about to buy it all back. Still have an Olympus C-740 that was my intro to digital. Now it's time to get serious again, in a more digital way. Been following this site for several months and finally joined. CaLay, I can totally relate to the insect repellent issue! I need the weather resistant qualities Pentax offers.