Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-03-2012, 07:59 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hello Pentaxians

Ive just joined the world of Pentax after purchasing The K5 + Tamron17-50 F2.8 + grip + Metz 5o
Mixed First impressions indeed !

01-03-2012, 09:34 AM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Welcome! How mixed? Hope it's not because of the camera and the grip, because both of those are great

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
01-03-2012, 10:05 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Welcome! How mixed? Hope it's not because of the camera and the grip, because both of those are great
Hello Adam,
Well I seem to have had a few problems I had never had before. The first was its inability to focus the tamron acurately.
I fixed this eventualy with the fine adjustment in camera. Took it out yesterday for some real world shooting.
YUP ! Outstanding ! easily the best and sharpest pics Ive ever seen from an APSC camera.
As if that wasnt enough.... Fantastic to work with in CS4 or Capture NX
However... i did have two other misshaps...
First one was being unable to switch to RAW files from jpg ! It simply wouldnt give me the option.
That could have been normal as such though, as I had accidently knocked on one of the jpg functions. Still weird, that Raw wouldnt overide it ?
Far far worse though....... Last night while producing test shots and downloading to my laptop..... The camera veiwer stopped working ?
I did it a few times. I noticed switching the camera on and off bought it back to life. BUT ! While it was down I couldnt see in camera pics, Info, or
even the menu. it was simply dead until I turned the camera off and back on.
This was enough, for me to decide to keep hold of my nikon gear for a while longer.
I cant say as I have much intrest in the video or all the other silly gizmo stuff. I just want great pics ( Which it now does with aplomb )
I fork out big money for dependability though. So unless, or until I found out why my screen decided not to work, then its unreliable
even as a new camera ! And thats inexcusable for a top end camera.
I love the K5 genraly though, so I just hope I can find what went wrong.