Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-04-2012, 12:16 AM   #1

Top o' the mornin' to everyone!

Hello from Venice Beach - I'm sure someone somewhere is reading this in the morning, so cheers to you.

Kinda pilfered my dad's classic Spotmatic over the years, messed around in the darkroom back in high school - got it back from the little sis not long ago and I've been spending too much on old cameras and developing ever since. Problems I didn't foresee having again anytime soon. As a product designer, I really was interested in the equipment first but along the way found considerable pleasure the more I found odd old cameras could actually make images. More beautiful and monumental than 'odd', I really treated myself to a 6x7 this year and at some point along the way, a little Auto110 popped up. With the money I've spent on those and others, I coulda had that Nikon D300 I admired not long ago but then, I think I like being the one without a D or EOS.

If interested, here's my Flickr page: j.jakobson's photosets on Flickr

And some of the collection: Camera Collection - a set on Flickr...except for a few, I had a semi-self-imposed $20 eBay limit so there's a rescue shelter element to this, too!

01-04-2012, 01:30 AM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, glad to have you on board.
01-04-2012, 02:56 AM   #3
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
Hi J,

Thanks for the story and links. I'm a starting out product designer.

Cheers.