Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-06-2012, 09:09 AM   #1

Snappy New Year from Devon

Hello all . . . just finding my way round this site as a newbie - too big & complicated for an old analogue hand! I've recently returned to the Pentax fold after having strayed to something that Can-NOT be so enjoyed!
Graduated to a Pentax in 1960 after using an Edixamat to start my life earning a living from photojournalism. Used to shoot 'ruggah' for Daily Telegraph in Manchester, motor racing for Sportscar (anyone Brit carphobes remember that?), horses for Horse & Hound & Pony, yachts and boats and sail racing for Yachting Monthly, Yachts & Yachting, Practical Boat Owner, Boat International et al, and even contributions to the old 35MM magazine and Pentax News plus odds and sods for various magazines and daily papers.
These were the days when being a freelance was reasonably respectable and you didn't get tarred as a paparazzo - they're just scum.
Finished up working in front of camera as a TV newsman for a few years before going back behind the desk as a section editor on a regional daily, so that's me.
As for cameras . . . workhorses in retirement are a K20D and an LX, but I also use a 'Blad and a Mamiya RB67. Collection includes all the classic Penti bodies from S1 through to SP-F, ES, ES-II, the Ms and some of the later ones. Have an original ME-F with working autofocus 35-70 f2.8 zoom lens (!!!) which was of course world's first autofocus camera. The lens itself I use regularly with both the LX and K20D, and it's still one of the best in this focal length range.
The only thing I've got to do now is get my darkroom up and running as a reward for picking up a runner's up gong in the current Pentax User contest (Cloisters at Monastier, LX, 24mm SMC, TMax 400 scan), but that's dependant on the other half letting me put a shed at the bottom of the back yard!

Janner Jez

(Jeremy Greenaway - aka JayGreenaway)

01-06-2012, 05:11 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, thank you for the comprehensive introduction.
01-06-2012, 09:48 PM   #3

Photos: Albums
Welcome! I've used far too many bathrooms myself. Having a separate space is really the way to go!
01-07-2012, 05:43 AM   #4

Original Poster
Still getting away with using the bathroom, but 'er indoors is planning a big refurb of that area - fancy new travertine tiles, funny shaped bath with built-in shower et al which would really make present layout impossible - so I've said if she has that then I shall have to have an annexe! Problem will be how I sort out plumbing and wiring, but not insuperable I guess. At least here in Plymouth, England, I won't be presented with your freezing winters and nice warm summers. All the best!