Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-26-2007, 10:51 PM   #1

Hello from Chicago

Just purchased a Pentax K10d w/ 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 & 50-200mm f/4-5.6 ED Autofocus Lens's tonite from B&H Photo and shall have it in hand Friday!!

This is my first Digital SLR, as I've only have had the cheapest of Point & Shoot Digital Cameras and occassionally still used my old 35 mm Canon AE1...

This weekend is gonna be a crash course on how to use the K10d and go around town snapping tons of pictures as I leave for a 3 week vacation Monday which will include a cruise to Honduras & Mexico...so it's gonna get some real use right away!! And I better know how to use it!! Hahaha.

Actually downloaded the manual a few days ago and read it a couple times already...and I purchased the Magic Lantern K10d Guide Book as well...so I should be somewhat off to a good start

AA

12-26-2007, 10:53 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the forum. I am sure that you will find the k10d quite intuitive to use compared to the AE1. The only thing that you might not find in the manual - mostly because it isn't there - is that you can make a quick change to the ISO level by pressing and holding the [OK] button and turning the front edial. It was added in one of the firmware updates.

Speaking of firmware updates, spend the time to download 1.30 and install it. Otherwise, the previous tip won't work.

Welcome again!
12-26-2007, 11:00 PM   #3

Original Poster
I'm one step ahead of ya as the Firmware update is already downloaded and all ready to be installed once it arrives!!

And thanks for the tip about the ISO level adjustment!!

Ugghhh I think I already developed a addictive Lens habit...as I just added the Normal SMCP-FA 50mm f/1.4 Autofocus Lens to my order as well, I'm gonna be shooting some lowly lit concerts on my trip as well...
12-26-2007, 11:28 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Double A Quote
I'm one step ahead of ya as the Firmware update is already downloaded and all ready to be installed once it arrives!!

And thanks for the tip about the ISO level adjustment!!

Ugghhh I think I already developed a addictive Lens habit...as I just added the Normal SMCP-FA 50mm f/1.4 Autofocus Lens to my order as well, I'm gonna be shooting some lowly lit concerts on my trip as well...
We don't call it addictive lens habit on this forum. One of our members christened it LBA - Lens Buying Addiction. We also have CBA - Camera Buying Addiction, mostly among our film members, who end up owning 5 SP1000 bodies.