Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-07-2012, 10:55 AM   #1
Inactive Account

Hello from Delaware

Thought it time to introduce myself. I am DC Cebula from northern Delaware, USA. I have been a quiet, background member of the forum for a year or so. Not counting a youth of Brownie Instamatics and Polaroids, I have used mainly Pentax cameras since my original K1000. (Which I still have.) Currently I shoot mainly with my K5 and K7 as I dislike changing lenses in the field and most of my photography is outdoors. I keep my K200D with my macro lens on it as a backup unit. I have shot a couple of weddings with my girlfriend, a professional photographer who shoots Nikon. We have also shot class reunions, pet photos, PR photos for my actress daughter and a friend who is an amateur wrestler, livestock portraints, as well as some industrial shots and images I had posted on a Civil War model railroad blog I use to have and for the annual group calendar for my American Civil War Rail Roads group. I spent a number of years in real estate and did all of my own marketing photos. People seem to have liked my images and my girlfriend has been able to sell them to her clients. We plan to merge households in a few months.

Now for a question. Lately I have been shooting in raw + jpeg (for instantaneous gratification) but am at the point where I want to begin working with my raw images. Though she has been gracious enough to allow me access, I do not want to depend on the availability of using the Lightroom 3 on my girlfriend's computer and tying up her professional workflow. Since my laptop was purchased in 2004 and my desktop is even older, I am in the market for a NEW computer on which I can run PS5. My existing computers virtually freeze up when I try to use the Pentax processing software that came with my cameras. I know the system requirements to run PS5 and am continuing online research, but what computers do members actually use? What do you like or dislike about the system you use? Within a realistic budget (<$15,000), what would you like to use. I will continue to use a PC rather than a Mac.
Thanks for your input, DC

01-07-2012, 02:56 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hey DC. Can't help you with computer advice as I am a Mac user. But glad to have you as an active forum member -- welcome! Sounds like you have a very interesting and varied experience with photography and with Pentax.
01-10-2012, 10:00 AM   #3
Inactive Account

Original Poster
baro-nite,
Thanks for the welcome.
DC
06-13-2012, 06:09 PM   #4

Photos: Gallery
I built my own, it's a gaming rig. It cost around $600. But PS5 isn't that intensive, I can run it on my laptop and it's only a lenovo.

Oh, and hi from a fellow Delawarean!

Last edited by glosawesome; 06-14-2012 at 07:17 AM.