Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-07-2012, 05:06 PM   #1

Photos: Albums
Hello from Ireland

Hey from Belfast, Northern Ireland!

Just a week after purchasing my very own Pentax, Facebook's ads recommend Pentax Forums. It was clearly meant to be! I'm not one for posting in internet forums, but I'm always keen to learn more about photography and cameras outside the classroom - I'm a photography student - so I thought I'd give this site a go. I'm the proud owner of a Pentax K-R, however I'm more used the K1000, so I'm still struggling with all the functions of this more up-to-date model.

I'm really looking forward to getting to know this site better and hopefully learning a few tips and tricks from more experienced Pentax users!

01-07-2012, 05:17 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the Forums. This is a great place to get answers when you have questions. The K1000 is a nice camera for a manual system ( I still use mine on occasion). I think you will enjoy the functions you have available in your new camera
01-07-2012, 05:19 PM   #3

Original Poster
Thanks, and, I'm just enjoying playing about with it and trying to figure it out for the time being.
01-07-2012, 05:24 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Welcome to the forums! Feel free to ask as many questions as you want, and by all means post some pictures of your gorgeous country! Have fun with that K-r, what lenses are you using?

01-07-2012, 05:33 PM   #5

Original Poster
I have a 200Wzoom lens on it at the minute, but I have another one hiding somewhere as well.
01-07-2012, 11:06 PM   #6
Pentaxian

Nice, one of the lenses I started with was a Pentax-A 50mm f/1.7 (often called the nifty fifty). It's a manual focus lens (with camera controllable aperture) that's quite good optically, especially at f/2.8 and beyond. You can find them for cheap on the bay and they're a blast to learn depth of field and portrait/street photography. Happy shooting!