Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-12-2012, 07:27 AM   #1

Hello from London

I am Neeraj, an Indian living in London. I started off with a Sony Alpha 200 a couple of years ago but stuck mostly to Auto mode as my children were still young and I was frankly struggling with taking any Manual or Semi-auto modes. Later I bought a Tamron Af18-200 XR when my kit lens failed.

When the above kit was stolen last month, I bought the K5 with DA18-135 WR kit after seeing some amazing photos on these forums over Nikon D7000.

My first few photos have been less than satisfying (even in auto) but that is probably down to my skill. I hope I do not have a bad copy of the lens or camera.

I am determined to learn manual photography and and found these forums to be a great place to get real and passionate advice.

Thanks to all who contribute in passing their skills & knowledge to others

01-12-2012, 03:19 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome! I expect you'll find that the quality of your images improves quickly as you practice. But if you're having continued problems do post some examples with full details to get advice.
01-12-2012, 07:43 PM   #3
Arn
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the forum, Neeraj. I bought the same outfit a year ago, and went through similar growing pains. A couple of things I did; 1. read the manual, shot pics, read it again, 2. bought a couple of books (Understanding Exposure, etc.), 3. took a class, which forced me to do things I hadn't tried like adjusting the DR for shadows, 4. kept the camera in "M", and used the green button for a starting point, and 5. keep shooting! By the way, I'm still not there - keep taking a bunch of so-so shots for every good one. All the best.
01-13-2012, 04:04 AM   #4

Original Poster
Thanks baro-nite and arn,

I will follow your advise and and I am sure I will learn and improve. I am now reading understanding exposure, which lots of forum members have talked about. I am also looking for a course in London and if anyone has any suggestions, please pass them along.

« Newbie | New Member »