Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-19-2012, 07:50 AM   #1

Ahoy there

Hello,

I'm a fresh convert to Pentax having sold my Canon gear in an attempt to save money by making use of the recent K-5 cashback offers. It's backfired though, because after one Limited prime I was bitten and now I've spent more money!

I'm based in Lincoln, the east midlands of the UK and when I'm not snapping for the sake of it I'm a pretentious conceptual photographer of sorts and University techy/tutor.

Nice to be a Pentaxian, long may it last.

Last edited by crabclawhands; 01-19-2012 at 08:23 AM. Reason: URL edited out
01-19-2012, 03:17 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Nice to find feloow entusiasts in the East Mids!
01-19-2012, 04:06 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by crabclawhands Quote
Hello,

I'm a fresh convert to Pentax having sold my Canon gear in an attempt to save money by making use of the recent K-5 cashback offers. It's backfired though, because after one Limited prime I was bitten and now I've spent more money!

I'm based in Lincoln, the east midlands of the UK and when I'm not snapping for the sake of it I'm a pretentious conceptual photographer of sorts and University techy/tutor.

Nice to be a Pentaxian, long may it last.
Welcome to the club!
Got any cool shots to share?
01-20-2012, 09:35 AM   #4

Photos: Albums
Welcome! Be sure to check out the Thread "No more tests! just pictures". Here's the link to it if you haven't checked it out already. It's one of the best threads here and so many awesome pictures from fellow K-5 owners. Welcome to the Gun-Club!

(I always like to share this fun-fact about Pentax that you can tell other Can-ikon owners. Pentax makes Thousand+ Dollar telescopes with superior optics and glass. Neither Canon nor Nikon makes anything for viewing objects millions of LIGHTYEARS away. HA!)

02-02-2012, 03:58 AM   #5

Original Poster
Thanks all,

I'll upload some shots at some point, my slightly out of date website is full of Canon and large format stuff only, I'm afraid! But everything can be found on Flickr under Mike Downing UK.

Have to say I'm really enjoying life as a Pentaxian so far, I've bagged the 15, 35 and 70mm limiteds and I love them, hope to add the 21mm soon. Very refreshing after coming from big 'ol Canon zooms, my neck and shoulders are much happier!