Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-21-2012, 08:51 AM   #1

Hello to all

I'm just introducing myself to the group. I've been kind of lurking around for awhile now and have been enjoying the posts I've read.

I've been shooting Pentax SLR's all of my adult life. I started out with the K1000, a fine fully manual camera. When I decided to jump into digital seriously, I started with a K100d, a great little camera in it's own right. When I retired last year, I bought myself a present, a K-5... What an awesome camera! I'm slowly learning how to use it and I'm looking forward to growing my photographic skills.

My flickr

01-21-2012, 09:36 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Welcome Fred! I assume you will show us some trout streams?
I beat you to retirement by a couple years, and also dug out the old camera's I'd put away years ago. (The LX was my newest camera!) But I went back to film before the Leica M9 finally lured away the last of my retirement bonus, then added a K5 for my old Pentax lenses.
Have fun with the K-5. It can indeed turn out nice results.
01-21-2012, 09:56 AM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by TomB_tx Quote
Welcome Fred! I assume you will show us some trout streams?
I beat you to retirement by a couple years, and also dug out the old camera's I'd put away years ago. (The LX was my newest camera!) But I went back to film before the Leica M9 finally lured away the last of my retirement bonus, then added a K5 for my old Pentax lenses.
Have fun with the K-5. It can indeed turn out nice results.
Thanks Tom, I'll indeed shoot some trout streams. Although it's always a quandary of whether to shoot or fish. The dilemna usually works itself out though, lol.