Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-21-2012, 08:59 AM   #1
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Finally decided it's time to join.

I've resurrected an old hobby after finding my K1000 during a closet cleaning episode last summer. I'd forgotten how much I enjoy photography.

The 'hollywood' in my user name is not an indication of my personality or a need for some sort of notoriety, but of my location here in Hollywood, Maryland.

Since summer, I've picked up a K2, and after reading the comments of many on this forum, I sent it to Eric for CLA. I'm extremely happy with the Eric's work, and I'm thankful to this forum and its members for the recommendation.

I'm also in LBA denial. I've been telling my wife there is just one more lens I want, but there always seems to be one more. Maybe I'm becoming a collector as well.

As a photographer, I consider myself more than a rookie, but not by much. I'm hoping to improve as get more experience.

01-21-2012, 09:32 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Welcome!
01-21-2012, 09:41 AM   #3
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Welcome Fred! Careful of that LBA. The old lenses seem like such a bargain now, until you add up all you have bought.
Also, stick with the K-mount stuff. Once you sample an old Spotmatic, SV, or H1a you'll find a whole parallel series of lenses and bodies of interest, and all at attractive prices. Then you may notice the old Canons and Nikons are also a bargain, and...
01-21-2012, 12:00 PM   #4
Site Supporter

Welcome to the collective Fred, in order to overcome rookie status, take tons of pics, post the best in your eyes for our enjoyment and constructive critique. As I have stated before, I don't recall ever reading a snarky or hurtful remark,.You pics will be good enough or better., don't underestimate your skill level.....Cliff

01-21-2012, 01:17 PM   #5
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Jolepp, TomB, USN - thanks for the welcome.

TomB, I think I see where you were going. I don't see me straying beyond Pentax, and at the moment, I'm not planning to collect more bodies. But, the lenses, those lenses...

USN, appreciate the words of encouragement. I'll have to sort thru my shots and find a few candidates. I assume the Critique Forum the appropriate place for these?
01-21-2012, 01:38 PM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by hollywoodfred Quote
USN, appreciate the words of encouragement. I'll have to sort thru my shots and find a few candidates. I assume the Critique Forum the appropriate place for these?
The way it is supposed to work it this: posting in the critique forum solicits critique, if this is not desired, that is, you just want to share, post under the generic "Post your photos".
01-22-2012, 02:43 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the forums~!
01-22-2012, 03:02 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Welcome to the forums. I used to be in the other Hollyweird but that was long long ago. Meanwhile, remember that the A in LBA stands for ADRENALINE! The rush of new|old optics! The energy of vision! The rapid running-down of savings accounts! Ah, what fun... In software circles we spoke of Murphy's Law of Cybernetic Entomology: There's always one more bug. The parallel here is Greedo's Law of Optical Opportunism: There's always one more lens. One can never have enough lenses, as long as they're paid for and storable. Cheers!

01-22-2012, 06:50 AM   #9
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by RioRico Quote
... In software circles we spoke of Murphy's Law of Cybernetic Entomology: There's always one more bug.
Apparently, I've been within less informed software circles. I've always known of the more general Murphy's Law, but I never knew there was an official name that seemingly endless list of bugs. So, I've learned something already today - I'm off to a go start.
01-22-2012, 07:38 AM   #10
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Hey, welcome. We've got a fair number of freestate pentaxians here .