Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-22-2012, 07:01 PM   #1
Loyal Site Supporter

Hello from Southern Alberta

Well I have decided to come forth and introduce myself after spending hours and hours going through posts and photos on this site. I am amazed by the wealth of information and the knowledge and sharing of information that goes on in this little corner of the internet. I bought my first SLR new, it was a K1000 so I guess that dates me a bit. After a quite a few years of simply using a point and shoot I decided to look at these new fangled DSLRs and purchased a used K20 (got a great deal !!). I have some older lenses I have been playing with and I must say there is a bit of an initial learning curve with these new cameras however I must say every issue I have run into has been addressed somewhere in this forum. Having a lot of fun with this camera and am looking forward to figuring out how to post a photo. Regards to all.

01-22-2012, 08:35 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome from another Albertan and a K20 owner. I bet you have a lot of great photo opportunities in the Crowsnest area. This forum is a great place to share photos and information.
01-22-2012, 09:40 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
Thanks for the welcome - There are a lot of oppourtunities - I'm going to see if I can post a woodpecker into the forum.
01-22-2012, 10:07 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter

Hello, neighbour! Welcome to the forum. It's not the best driving weather to be visiting John's Barber Shop, but I'm almost due ...

01-22-2012, 10:17 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
Sparwood I see - I was up to Elkford on Friday - boy are there ever a lot of Elk down in the valley.
01-22-2012, 10:29 PM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter

One hopes not to see elk close in front of the vehicle. They make a very expensive dent. They are down right now foraging where the snow isn't quite as deep as higher up. I wonder why they call this the Elk Valley ... must be because of the Elk River. <G>
01-23-2012, 07:57 PM   #7

Hi - I'm in the next province to the east. Spent some camping/photography time in the Crowsnest area in the summer - had a super time!