Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-24-2012, 02:00 PM   #1
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Hello, a new member arrives.

A bit of a cheat i suppose because I use the GX10, though I have no wish to follow samsung down the NX route and prefer to stick to the K-mount. I'm not that computer literate with regard to this forum layout, so could take a while to sus it all out on my 10 year old computer, this is the very first threa that I have used so a good start.

01-24-2012, 03:28 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, glad you could join us here!
01-24-2012, 09:05 PM   #3
Arn
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the forum. Rod. I'll look forward to some water vole shots - never seen one.
01-25-2012, 03:59 AM   #4
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Many thanks, i'm sure i'll enjoy being here in what i hope will be a learning curve for myself.

Regards

Rod

01-25-2012, 04:05 AM   #5
Site Supporter

Original Poster
I wouldn't mind getting my hand on a K5, but I just recently resigned from my job so any thoughts of new gear will have to be put on hold for now. As for the water voles they are scarce, timid creatures and endangered here in this country. would love to get a shot but very, very unlikely even with the right equipment. You would need to be a pro and have the time money and gear and still need a bit of luck.

Thanks for the welcome

Regards

Rod
01-25-2012, 12:16 PM   #6
Arn
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Yeah, Rod, the K-5 is great - I know the price has dropped a fair bit here. Does the "bad-grandad" refer to some little ones in the family? Me too - lots of opportunities for photos there, but they sure move fast! Just think, if you catch a vole shot you can win the BBC photo competition like the cheetah shot BBC - Earth News - European Wildlife Photographer of the Year 2010