Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-29-2012, 11:08 AM   #1

Greetings from Scotland

Hi Guys,

I was lucky enough to pick up a 1.7x AFA from the marketplace about 18 months ago, and I'm ashamed to say that after that I never got round to visiting the forum much. I'm catching up on lost time now though, trolling (or perhaps drooling) my way through the excellent lens review section, and I thought it was about time I remembered my manners and introduced myself.

I got my first Pentax digital slr (K10D) about 2 years ago, and I upgraded to a K5 three weeks ago. Its a revelation! I'm shooting with a few DA Ltds, two DA* zooms and a couple of older lenses. The ability to use older glass plus the weatherproofing plus the good value for money (I'm a Scot, after all ) was what brought me to choose Pentax in the first place.

I started out in basic photography as a kid first with an Instamatic, then with a second hand Zeiss "Contessa" compact 35mm film camera, and got as far as the home B&W darkroom stage for a couple of years with a cheap & cheerful Gnome enlarger etc, before giving it all up as I got down to College and then earning a living.

Always fancied an SLR but never got round to it till a couple of years ago. I'm happily now trying to remember what I've forgotten and learning what I never knew in the first place!

Thanks for the great forum. I'm looking forward to spending much more time here in my quest for knowledge!!

all the best from Stirlingshire in Scotland,

Ed

01-29-2012, 11:23 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Welcome. I've been to Scotland many times while in the Navy. Great place and the people are fantastic.
01-29-2012, 01:34 PM   #3

Original Poster
Thanks, Orange Kx, I'm not going to disagree with you!!