Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-31-2012, 04:38 AM   #1

Hello

Hi everyone,
I'm new here and wanted to say HI.
I'm an old Minolta 35mm user and looking to get into a DSLR and will be buying a Pentax K-5 very soon.
I've been looking over this forum for a couple months now and it's great with all the reviews and comments everybody has made. It's what made may mind up to get the K-5.

Thanks,
Tim

01-31-2012, 10:17 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Welcome to the collective Tim. Excellent camera choice, what glass have you decided on? Santa brought me the 18-135 wr. Haven't had many chances to use it yet. Like all zooms it is a compromise but very useable. Happy shooting and post frequently......Cliff
01-31-2012, 11:10 AM   #3

Original Poster
I'm thinking on the Tamron 17-50 f2.8 for a primary lens, and I just made an offer on a Vivitar 70-210 series 1. I have 2 Series 1s for my 35mm Minolta and love both of them.
I've spent a lot of time researching which camera to buy while I've been saving up my money, it came down to either a Canon or Pentax, I really like the forum here with all the info, which I couldn't find for Canon. I used a 35mm Pentax years while in high school, so more years ago than I care to admit to! It was a good camera but ended up going with Minolta at the time and stayed with them. My last Minolta was purchased over 30 years ago and it's still doing great, but figured it was time to go digital.