Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-24-2006, 02:48 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Glad to be Back!

Back into the Pentax fold that is. I bet they'll be a bunch of new members after tomorrow.
I'm finally getting back to my SLR roots after being a P&S user for the past several years. My SF-10 just wasn't being used for the ease of the Sony 5mp p&s. Once I saw the K10D and all it's features advertised, I knew I had to come back into "real" photography.
Right now it's sitting under the tree waiting for the morning when I'm permitted to open and begin using. I know it's there because I did the actual ordering and quick check to insure against shipping damage when it arrived. After that the better half wrapped it and placed it under the tree.
I've been spending inordinate amounts of time reading the manual, memorizing controls and jotting down settings for "USER". Also read a bunch on RAW as this is my first foray into the D-SLR world and the ability to edit RAW if desired. I believe my first useings will be in JPEG capture until I get comfortable with the feel and controls.
I know I need a new flash, my old flash is a Vivitar 283. I'm trying to decide between the Two Pentax branded and a Sigma EF 500 DG Super.

Anyway, I'm extremely excited to be here and to have the camera that will be my vehicle back into photography.

Happy Holidays to all.

12-24-2006, 03:30 PM   #2
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Welcome Back. Just to let you know photography hasn't changed, just the tools. I know you'll enjoy the day tomorrow shooting everything in sight. (I hope you charged the battery before giving that wonderful camera up to your wife.) I also know you didn't make a mistake when you made the decision to buy Pentax.

We here on the forum are a diverse crowd, but we all know Pentax delivers from the istDL, DS, DL2, DS2, D, to the new pentax offerings of the K110D, K100D, and finally the very best K10D, You can't go wrong with quality. We have all found this out at one point or another in our lives and the members here range from newbee to Pro. and all of us have the love of photography in our hearts. We all welcome you and hope to see your work.

Merry Christmas and a very Happy New Year to you and yours.

Good Shooting.
Cheers: David
12-24-2006, 04:28 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Hi there.

K10d msut be everyone's Christmas present. How lucky!

Welcome to pentax forum and looking forward to your posts
12-24-2006, 05:16 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
boy was santa being good to you this year!
at first the k10 seems to be a bit overwelming if you are coming from P&S, but after a while you will love it.
I am still learning, but from what I have learned so far impresses me!

take care,

randy

12-25-2006, 05:08 AM   #5

Hi, Randy.

I'm a Pentax shooter from the film days too and I know what you mean about the learning curve for shooting in digital versus film. But for me, the learning curve wasn't photography-related but technology-related because I used to do my own black & white development and printing and I had to learn how to process, print, and archive digital images.

Welcome and good luck!