Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-31-2007, 07:13 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
From the east bank of the Rio Grande

I bought my Spotmatic at a military exchange in Italy in 1970. While the camera is in mint condition, the light meter has quit. Anyway, with a trip to Italy in the plans for this year, I have a K100D Super with the 18/55 lens in the possession of UPS somewhere west of Dallas. Anyway, I'm looking forward to learning how to use the new camera. I have the 1.4/50 lens from the Spotmatic as well as a 3.5/135 Super-Takumar and a Vivitar 85 - 205 zoom. I also have a mount adapter on order.

I'm sure someone here will be able to point me in the direction of repairing the Spotmatic light meter, if that is possible.

12-31-2007, 11:26 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Send it to AP-T Camera in Albuquerque: AP-T. Call and talk to Vicky Mayhew first--tell her Sam Davis sent you---no joke, my kid hangs with hers. You'll get a straight, no BS answer as to "fix ability" and cost----it will be costly, but her techs (including her husband) are top-notch. They will need to scrounge parts from another Spotmatic-one possible aid to the process to consider is E-Bay for another camera as the source.

QuoteOriginally posted by wlank Quote
I bought my Spotmatic at a military exchange in Italy in 1970. While the camera is in mint condition, the light meter has quit. Anyway, with a trip to Italy in the plans for this year, I have a K100D Super with the 18/55 lens in the possession of UPS somewhere west of Dallas. Anyway, I'm looking forward to learning how to use the new camera. I have the 1.4/50 lens from the Spotmatic as well as a 3.5/135 Super-Takumar and a Vivitar 85 - 205 zoom. I also have a mount adapter on order.

I'm sure someone here will be able to point me in the direction of repairing the Spotmatic light meter, if that is possible.