Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-03-2012, 05:49 PM   #1

Photos: Albums
New to this

Hi, this is my first attempt at anything like this so be gentle. I use a 645N and still amaze people with it's ability. The digital age is good and I embrace it, but being 50 plus means I am still a film user and print some! I have been amazed at how quickly people forget that this is how we did it and still do produce some wonderful work without sitting at a computer for weeks at a time.

Anyway, I just want to say hello, I am not great with sort of thing, but do like see what is being said and what is new out there. I live in one of the most isolated cities in the world so Perth WA is a little slow, but that can be nice in its own way.

02-03-2012, 06:20 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, you're not the only one from Perth on the forum.
02-03-2012, 09:51 PM   #3

Original Poster
Fellow Perth Pentax owner

Nice to see such a quick reply, I have just jumped back on the system as TV is boring and lunch is done.

How long have you been using this site?
02-04-2012, 08:09 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome Blommie,
I am 50+ and in Perth, but all digital now, KX,K7+ Q , still use many old lenses in K and M42
kind regards

02-04-2012, 06:54 PM   #5

Original Poster
Hi

Nice to hear from you, I have a 645N with a couple of zoom AF lenses but I am about to sell it I think and go digital. I have Photoshop as well and do digital and as a media it is the most dominate/user friendly but I also like the film when it is printed. I also think it makes you think more about light and form because you only have that one chance to get it right.

I will be selling it though, I think and buy a digital. If you know of anyone please send them my way. I paid the required donation but still have no access to the sellers environment yet!