Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-04-2012, 07:42 AM   #1

just another noob

Well after a lifetime of point and shoots I have made the giant leap into the world of DSLR & bought a K-r with 18-55 & 50-300 lenses.

Coming to the choice of the pentax k-r was an easy one for me. The k-r offered the most bang for the buck and most user friendly application for a brand new user like myself. Oh I got plenty of raised eyebrows from friends/family with dslr's because I didnt buy a cannon or a nikon. However once they saw what the k-r was capable of and how easy it was to use I quickly got the nod of approval on making a smart choice.

Ive got two initial goals for myself & my new k-r. 1)Take a basic dslr class here at my local community arts center. I feel it will give me more confidence using the camera in manual focus. 2)Purchase photo editing software of some sort. Ill probably look into LightRoom since I have a Mac & will certainly be using these forums to gauge feedback from other users.

Thanks to all that post their questions, reviews, and answers. The more user knowledge I can gain the better!

JT

02-04-2012, 10:17 AM   #2
Site Supporter

Welcome to the collective JT. Maybe you could post a shot o two before your class and a couple after completion with an evaluation about the benefits or nonbenefits of taking such a class...Cliff
« My Turn | Greetings »