Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-04-2012, 09:01 AM   #1

Hello

Hello

My name is Jim Methven. I'm originally from Dundee on the East coast of Scotland but have spent the last 30+ years in Moreton on the Wirral which lies across the river Mersey from Liverpool. I'm semi-retired but still lecture a couple of days a week in The University of Manchester.
I've been taking pictures for many decades starting with a Praktika and later a Chinon (anything cheap with an M42 screw thread) and then a Minolta Dynax 800. My first adventure in digital was with the fantastic Optio 555 which regrettably was stolen, then a K7 and a few weeks ago a K5. I still have all this kit and can't contemplate getting rid of it.
I did some real developing and printing many years ago but had to abandon the darkroom to make room for the kids when they arrived. Now that they've flown I'm not allowed another darkroom so I've settled for developing the the occasion B&W film and dabbling in old techniques such as cyanotypes, gum prints etc, Most if not all of the old processesI can be carried out in subdued light which by definition apparently, is best in the garden shed. These are all contact processes based on digital negs printed (A4) on transfer film and overhead transparencies.
If I have a particular photographic interest it's architecture but I'm also quite keen on landscapes and macros and I do find focus stacking quite incredible.

I have just started a gallery on smugmug

I look forward to learning lots and contributing if I can

Jim

02-04-2012, 11:04 AM   #2
Ole
Administrator

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hello Jim and welcome! You still have time today to participate in the Pentax World Day, we-d love to see you submit photos from your place!