Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-31-2007, 10:30 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery
G'day from Melbourne..

Hi all..
I am and have been a K mount user from day dot.. I learnt on the K1000 and then stayed with the K mount system.. I retired my SLR a few years back more so cause the small dig's were a lot more convenient and light for travel but once the K10D emerged on the market I new it was only time till I invested in this new body..
I recently bought my K10D on a trip through Canada and I am still in the process of fine tuning it and figuring out it's little quirks and qualms.. I bought a new 50mm 1.4 to play with and grabbed the grip and 540 flash while I was at it too.. I already have a nice 50th Anniversary Tamron 24-135mm 3.5/5.6 to go with it..
I hope I can learn some new little tricks and tips from here to get the best out of it..
I look forward to reading the forums..
ciao
g

Last edited by smee1198; 01-01-2008 at 12:35 AM. Reason: add sig..
12-31-2007, 11:15 PM   #2
Ash
Community Manager
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
G'day G,

Welcome and wow, you've gone ahead and spent some cash recently!
I'm sure you'll have lots of fun playing around with your new gear, and be sure to share your shots around town.

You'll be sure to get a tip or two at least from these very experienced and helpful Pentax users here.

All the best, mate.
12-31-2007, 11:29 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Welcome to the forum. There are quite a few people from Melbourne OZ. Great to see you too
01-01-2008, 07:35 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Another Mexican .. hee hee.

Welcome to the forums.
Looking forward to seeing some of your images.

You guys should start a Pentax club down there ... there's a few of you know in the Melbourne region.

01-01-2008, 05:22 PM   #5
Site Supporter

Welcome.....just as long as your not a Collingwood supporter we will get along just fine.
01-02-2008, 11:58 PM   #6

Original Poster
Thanks for the warm welcome..

Haha.. If I was a Collingwood supporter I would never leave the house yet alone know how to use a computer.. Was that a bit harsh?? lol.. Not sure really.. Go the Blues..
I posted two small pics so far.. They are two older shots.. Feedback would be good..
Thanks again..
ciao
g
01-03-2008, 12:26 AM   #7
Site Supporter

The 'ol navy Blues eh.....you blokes could cause a bit of trouble this year.
Had a look at your photos....what were they taken with? One was quite blurry, but you said they were older shots so I'm guessing not taken with your Pentax.

Composition was good though.

The best way to get a response or opinion on your work is to post in 'post your photos' forum and ask for opinions.

Go Lions.
01-03-2008, 02:42 AM   #8

Original Poster
They were both hand held at 1/4 sec or less and no they weren't taken with the Pentax.. I will go back at some stage and re-shoot them with tripod etc to see what I can get out of the new gear..
But I do like that abstract style.. I am not all about being crisp and precise all the time.. I think it creates a mood..